How to save YouTube videos on the iPhone
People nowadays usually use the phone to watch YouTube videos. Most of the time this is a simple task as you only need the YouTube app on your phone and a stable internet connection. However, there are cases when you want to save the videos to your camera roll so that you can view them later without an internet connection.
An easy way to download YouTube videos directly to your phone is with the YouTube app. There is an option to download the video directly to the phone, which should be at the bottom right of the Youtube video and recognizable by its icon, which resembles a down arrow. Just click this icon and you can download the video. The video is available for offline playback. However, access is only possible through the YouTube app. The downloaded video is only available as long as the device has an internet connection every 29 days.
The most reliable method so far is to download the YouTube video first from your computer and then transfer the downloaded video to your phone. The easiest way to do this is to follow the steps below.
- Open the YouTube video in your computer browser and copy the video link.
- Go to any online converter website (I recommend https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter).
- Copy the YouTube link to the online video converter website and make sure you select the MP4 format.
- Start the conversion process and download the file after the conversion is complete.
- Transfer the downloaded file to your iPhone with iTunes.