How to apply for Huawei Cloud Server for free
In this article, we will tell you how to register to apply for a cloud server on Huawei Cloud for free .
First of all, you need to apply for a Huawei Cloud account and fill out the credit card information.
After filling in the information, the system will charge you. And refund the card immediately This temporary charge confirms that your credit card is only active.
Now let’s get started.
Go to the website to see all the free packages offered by Huawei Cloud at https://activity-intl.huaweicloud.com/en-us/free_packages/index.html?utm_source=it24hrs_intl&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=Free%2BPackages_0924
Free Huawei Cloud packages include Elastic Cloud Server (ECS), Elastic Volume Service (EVS), Elastic IP (EIP), and bandwidth. Just follow the steps below. You can use the cloud server at no cost.
- Enter the information in the Cloud Server console.
- On the official website of HUAWEI CLOUD, choose Compute> Elastic Cloud Server, then click Buy Now.
- Click Console in the top right corner and log in. Select Elastic Cloud Server in the Computing category, then click Buy ECS in the Cloud Server console.
- Specify the required information
Set the Billing Mode to Pay-per-use because the free package will work with the product that is paid according to the actual usage. (pay-per-use) only
Set Specifications to General Computing> s3.large.2.
- In the top left corner, select your active region. You may choose to be AP-Hong Kong . There are also AF-Johannesburg or AP-Singapore available for free.
- Set Image to Public image and choose a Linux or Windows image. The supported Linux images are CentOS, Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu.
- For System Disk or Data Disk, select High I / O and set the disk size to 40 GB.
Please note that disk configuration in other formats will not be included in the free package. And will be charged for the said service
- The price is shown at the bottom of the page. It is the standard price But you don’t have to pay If your usage is within the quota of the free package
- Click Next: Configure Network.
Set EIP to Auto assign, Set Bandwidth Type to Dedicated and Set Billed By to Traffic. You can use free data transfer up to 20 GB per month.
- Click Next: Configure Advanced Settings to set a password for your ECS then submit an order.
Now, you can now use the Huawei Cloud for free.
Note: If your usage does not exceed the free quota specified by Huawei Cloud, your account will not be charged. HUAWEI CLOUD will notify you once you have reached the quota. You can check the usage by clicking Billing> Free Packages on the console.