After Twitter, YouTube and Facebook Messenger Instagram is now the turn to integrate a dark fashion. The dark mode prevents you from staring at a bright display in dark surroundings and thus relaxes your eyes. If you have an AMOLED display, you will even save some battery power.
The Dark Mode in Instagram is available on iOS 13, Android 10, but also on smartphones with Android 9 Pie.
How to activate the Dark Mode in Instagram
For Android 10
For Android 10 it is very easy to activate the Dark Mode. Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Screen> Dark Design in Android to enable it.
For Pie 9
Before you go, you need to check if you have at least version of Instagram v184.108.40.206.120. Please update from the Play Store if you are not. The Dark Mode in Instagram is not yet available to all users, but this should change soon.
Follow these steps:
- Open Instragam and click on the icon for your profile in the lower right corner.
- Then click on the settings icon in the top right corner and then on Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Click on topics, then dark and you’re done.
For iOS 13
On iOS, you also need to enable the system-wide Dark Mode:
- Opens the settings .
- Selects display & brightness.
- Enables the Dark mode here .
Instagram now automatically appears in Dark Mode.