9 Methods to speed up you Mac
MacOS Mojave brings a great new feature, including Dark Mode, desktop stack, news apps and more.However, most Mac users feel that the Mac is running too slowly after updating the latest version of iOS.There are many reasons for this to happen
- Insufficient disk space
- Applications running in the background
- Hardware issues
- New display effect reason
- Auto-run program
In this article, I will provide you with a simple tutorial to improve Mac performance immediately. So, let’s get started.
Method 1: Disable autorun programs
- On the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Then, select “Users & Groups” – >login item.
- Now, check the apps box and then on the ” – ” button select to remove the programs/apps that will open automatically when you log in to your Mac.
Method 2: disable power-hungry applications running in the background
- Open applications – >utilities->activity monitor – > CPU
3.Now, in the ” % CPU ” list, identify and double-click the application that takes up a lot of CPU running space.
Then, click the“ X ”button in the upper left corner to close the application with the“ Force Quit ”option.
This will immediately improve Mac performance.
Method 3: Enable Screen Saver
- Go to System Preferences – >Desktop->Screen Saver.
- Now, choose the new wallpaper you want to use.
Method 4: Change the display settings
- Open System Preferences – Accessibility – Display.
- Now check the ‘Reduce motion and reduce transparency’ option.
Method 5: Clear the user cache on your Mac
- Start the Finder-Go option
- Now select the ‘Go to folder’ option
- Type / Library / Caches and select the Go option.
- Open each folder and delete the file. (Note: Do not delete important documents)
Method 6: Release RAM
- Start ‘Terminal’.
- On the prompt window, type ‘ sudo purge ‘ and press Enter.
- Then enter your system password.
Method 7: Reinstall your Mojave OS
- Restart your Mac.
- Now, immediately press and hold cmd + opt + R at the same time until the MacOS window appears on the screen.
- Select the Reinstall macOS option and select Continue.
- Then, agree to the terms and select ‘Macintosh.HD’ and then select on the ‘Continue or Install’ option to begin the reinstallation process.
Note: If the installation is complete, the mac will start up as a new one.
Method 8: Reset the SMC
- Turn off your Mac.
- Now plug in the power cord. Immediately hold down the Shift + Ctrl + option + power button until the light on the power cord flashes.
- Now, turn on the Mac normally.
Method 9: Reset PRAM
- Turn off your Mac.
- Press the power button and immediately press and hold cmd + opt + P + R until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
I hope these 9 methods could help you speed up your Mac, if you find this tutorial useful, please share this with your friends.